Holi 2022: Holi is one of the most important Hindu festivals celebrated with great enthusiasm across India. Talking about the states of UP-Bihar it is a two-day festival that starts with Chhoti Holi or Holika Dahan and is followed by Rangwali Holi.
This year Holika Dahan 2022 will be performed on March 17. Rangwali Holi 2022 will be celebrated on March 18, the next day of Holika Dahan. Let’s know here how to perform the puja of Holika Dahan and what is its legend behind it.
Festival Of Holi Symbolises Victory Of Good Over Evil
According to the Hindu religion, Holika Dahan is considered to symbolise the victory of good over evil. Holika Dahan is the first ritual of the two-day Holi festival.
On this day people light bonfires, which is said to bring destruction to all evils. This time, the auspicious muhurat of Holi will be of 1 hour 10 minutes which will start at 9.20 pm on March 17 and will last till 10.31 pm.
Puja Vidhi Of Holika Dahan (Holika Dahan 2022 Puja Vidhi)
- For the worship of Holika Dahan, it is very important to take a bath first. After bathing, sit at the place of worship of Holika facing north or east direction.
- After this, the idols to be made of Holika and Prahlad for worshipping should be made from cow dung.
- In Holika Pujan, things like roli (vermilion), incense, flowers, jaggery, turmeric, batashe (sugar crisp), gulal (colour) and coconut are offered.
- Also umbi, cow dung cakes and coconuts are offered and worshipped.
- Offer sweets and fruits as well.
- Also, perform puja of Lord Narsingha.
- After this, circumambulate (parikrama) Holika four and seven times.