This will help other artists who collaborate into creating content to get more limelight that usually go unnoticed.
Instagram has also acknowledged the same in the official announcement.
“Proper creative credit and recognition is a starting point for discovery, new opportunities and economic empowerment. For many Black and underrepresented creators, crediting is an entryway to building a sustainable career as a creator, while combating cultural appropriation and ensuring the world knows who is driving culture”.
However, Instagram creators have found several workarounds to provide proper credit to other artists by putting their names in the post-credit scenes or at the beginning of the video. Some also directly tag them on the photo or video they post.
Some mention them in the description box of the photo or video post.
If you are wondering how to use the new Enhanced tags on Instagram, follow these steps below:
- Open the Instagram app and tap the (+) in the top right corner
- Create a new Post and tap the Next button at the top right corner
- Make any creative edits then tap Next
- After writing a caption, tap Tag People
- Choose Add Tag and search and select your contributors
- Tap Show Profile Category to display the creator category
- Tap Done
- Once you’ve added any additional tags and details, tap